In 1951, Laune Rangers paid the sum of £2,000 to purchase a greyhound track on Iveragh Road.
The new home of Laune Rangers would be given the name JP O’Sullivan Park, and to this day it is known locally as…. The Track!
Laune Rangers acquired Cloon pitch in 1998 in a rental agreement in order to use it as a home venue while JP O’Sullivan Park was being redeveloped. Since then, the club have continued tenancy in Cloon, using it as a secondary venue for the ever growing club.